Culture of design and innovative materials for an higher education course of professional updating
HIGHER EDUCATION COURSE NOT AVAILABLE NOW
POLI.design, in collaboration with Material ConneXion® Italia, part of the largest international consultancy center for innovative and sustainable materials, presents the first edition of its higher education course in “Materials for architecture and interior design” as a specialization for architects, interior designers and professionals who wish to deepen their knowledge of new materials, the quality of the surfaces and their interaction with the space and along with other elements: through some thorough and varied reading, in terms of design culture, the different categories of matter useful in interior architecture.
104 hours + 8 hours of optional tour, divided into 5 weekly modules.
The learning objectives of the course are:
• to provide specific professional competence on materials and innovative machining processes;
• to deepen and broaden the state of knowledge of materials in relation to the main scenarios of technological evolution in the sector;
• to develop autonomous capacities of investigation, testing and implementation of a wide range of materials in the project;
• to manage materials and surfaces from the development of the concept to the execution phase.
The course will address the main types of materials with specific attention to these products/innovative processes:
Material matter #1 TRADITION AND INNOVATION
• Stone materials and innovative processes: marble, granite and natural stone.
• Wood: a contemporary material.
Material matter #2 TRANSPARENCY AND DENSITY
• Transparent and translucent materials: advanced active glasses and crystals, solid surface, reflective and mirrored surfaces.
• Advanced ceramics, evolved concrete.
Material matter #3 MATERIAL AND IMAGE
• The colour of the material: innovative techniques, new colours and resins.
• Thin coatings: films, laminates and technical transfer of the image.
Material matter #4 SUSTAINABLE AND LASTING
• Materials for sustainable architecture and green buildings.
• Time and materials for innovative eco-interior.
Material matter #5 RESISTANT AND LIGHT
• Light metals: processed sheets, networks and textures.
• Textures and Interfaces: contemporary textile solutions.
The course is aimed at designers, architects, civil engineers and professionals in the design of spaces: private and collective, urban spaces and architecture.
The course costs € 2.800,00 + VAT (22%).
The fee includes an annual subscription to the Library of MCX (market value: Professional – annual subscription reserved for professionals € 250 + VAT; Studios – annual subscription reserved for professional studios € 500 + VAT).