The Politecnico di Milano Design School jointly offers this Specializing Master with the POLI.design, Consorzio del Politecnico di Milano. The program was founded to meet the strong demand for training in the pleasure-cratf segment. The yacht's market requires professionals with specialist post-university training.
The Master is completely in English.
The Specializing Master provides the tools for managing the design and construction of sailing and motor boats, from project brief to definition of general plans, hydrostatic and
- development of planning skills, in particular problem setting and problem solving skills in the leisure boat market;
- development of specialised technical skills; acquisition of principles and procedures of construction methods and techniques;
- development of skills related to production organisation and shipyard management;
- development of the ability to work in a group and to present oneself with authority in the professional world;
- ability to manage conflicts in the team and to encourage creativity.
Upon completion of the Specializing Master, students are ready to enter the workforce as specialized professionals, including building on the training prior to entering the program. Over the years, professional outcomes have included assistant designer in specialist design studios, production assistant at shipbuilders, shipyard production manager, and quality-control supervisor.
Upon completion of the Specializing Master, students earn a first-level Politecnico di Milano Specializing Master Degree.
The Specializing Master is held at POLI.design, Consorzio del Politecnico di Milano, via Durando 38/A, Milan, Italy.